- 120 ml olive oil
- 600 gm chat potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4-6 slices jamón, coarsely torn
- ¼ small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- 2 tbsp oregano, coarsely torn
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar, or to taste
Smoked paprika aïoli
- 20 gm (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, or to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Heat 100ml oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat, add potato and shallow-fry, stirring frequently, until tender and golden (15-20 minutes). Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl lined with absorbent paper, season generously to taste and keep warm.
- 2For smoked paprika aïoli, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 3Crack eggs into oil and shallow-fry until cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes).
- 4Divide potato among serving bowls, scatter with jamón and top with a fried egg. Combine onion, herbs, vinegar and remaining oil in a bowl, and season to taste. Scatter on top of eggs and serve with smoked paprika aïoli.