- 40 gm day-old crustless bread, coarsely torn, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kg very ripe vine-ripened tomatoes (about 8), coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds discarded, coarsely chopped
- 1 telegraph cucumber (300gm), seeded, coarsely chopped
- ½ white onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tsp Sherry vinegar
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste, plus extra for drizzling
- To serve: flat-leaf parsley and mint, torn
- 1Combine bread, garlic and 200ml water in a large bowl and stand to soak (10 minutes).
- 2Add vegetables and vinegar to bread mixture, season well to taste and process in batches in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a container, whisk in oil, season to taste and refrigerate until required. Serve chilled with herbs and extra bread, and drizzled with extra oil to taste.