- 100 gm country-style bread, crusts removed
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled (650gm)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1Soak bread in cold water for 2-3 minutes or until soft, then squeeze out water. Process squeezed bread, tomatoes, garlic and spices in a food processor until well combined. With motor running, add olive oil in a thin steady stream until well combined, then add vinegar. Transfer mixture to a bowl and whisk in ½-1 cup water to achieve desired consistency. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and a little extra sherry vinegar if desired. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, then divide among small bowls, top with a little chopped cucumber, onion and capsicum and serve immediately.