- 4 raw blue swimmer crabs, cleaned and halved lengthways (about 700gm each)
- 750 ml lager
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, cut into julienne
- 4 green onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, white parts only, bruised
- To serve: thinly sliced long red chilli, baby coriander leaves, thinly sliced green onions and steamed jasmine rice
- 1Place crab halves in a large bowl, then add 60 ml beer, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic and 1 tbsp ginger, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2Place remaining beer and ginger, green onions and lemongrass in the base of a wok. Place crab pieces and marinade in a heatproof shallow dish in a bamboo steamer over wok, bring beer mixture to the boil, then steam for 15 minutes or until crab is just cooked, adding boiling water to wok if necessary.
- 3Transfer crab and cooking liquid to a large plate or bowl, scatter with chilli, coriander and green onions and serve immediately, with steamed rice passed separately.