Marinated pork ribs
- 8 boneless pork spare ribs, belly cut (1.4kg)
- 160 gm hoisin
- 1 star anise, finely ground in a mortar and pestle
- 10 gm ginger, grated on a Microplane
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane
- 60 ml malt vinegar (¼ cup)
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1For marinated pork ribs, combine ingredients in a non-reactive container, turn to coat well and set aside to marinate (15 minutes).
- 2Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add pork and marinade and cook, turning occasionally, until pork is cooked through and glazed (10-15 minutes). Season to taste. Serve with rice, and scattered with sprouts, onion and chilli.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am