- 300 gm dried gnocchetti sardi (see note)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 350 gm (about 2 bunches) broccolini
- 400 gm tomato passata
- To serve: coarsely torn basil and oregano
- To serve: finely grated Pecorino Sardo
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente (10-12 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat, add shallots and garlic and stir occasionally until tender (5-7 minutes), then add chilli and broccolini and stir occasionally until starting to soften (3-5 minutes). Add tomato passata, toss to combine, then cover and cook until broccolini is tender (3-5 minutes). Stir in basil and oregano and season to taste.
- 3Drain pasta, reserving 100ml water, then add both to sauce, tossing until pasta is coated. Serve hot, scattered with Pecorino Sardo.