- 400 gm koshikari rice (available from supermarkets) (2 cups)
- 4 Japanese green tea bags
- 400 gm sashimi-grade tuna, blood line removed, thinly sliced, then cut into 0.5 x 6cm strips
- 15 gm furikake mix (Japanese nori and sesame seed mix, available from Asian food stores) (¼ cup)
- To serve: pickled ginger and wasabi
- 1Combine rice and 2 cups cold water in a saucepan, cover with a tight-fitting lid, bring to the boil, then cook over medium heat for 13-15 minutes. Remove from heat and stand rice, covered, for 10 minutes. In a teapot, combine 1 litre boiling water and tea bags and stand for 5 minutes. Divide rice among bowls, top with slices of tuna, scatter furikake mix over, then pour tea around rice. Serve green tea and tuna rice immediately with pickled ginger and wasabi passed separately.