- 6 corn cobs, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 180 gm butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime cheeks, to serve
- To serve: dried chilli flakes or ground chilli (optional)
- 1Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to high heat. Peel back the corn husks but don’t detach them (if the corn has a lot of husks, discard some of the outer leaves), remove silk and drizzle corn with oil, season to taste, then fold the husks back over the corn. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred and tender (10-15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, beat butter in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3To serve, peel back corn husks and top each cob with a dollop of sesame butter and a squeeze of lime juice and season with chilli to taste.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am