- 400 gm each baby green beans and sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots (about 8), trimmed
- 4 radishes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 8 thick sourdough bread slices
- 120 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 160 gm goat’s cheese, cut into 8 thick rounds (see note)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat grill to high. Blanch beans and sugar snap peas (30 seconds-1 minute), refresh, transfer to a bowl and set aside. Blanch carrots (1-2 minutes), refresh, combine with beans and peas, add radish and parsley and set aside.
- 2Place bread on a baking tray, brush with 40ml oil, season to taste and grill until just golden, turning once (1-2 minutes each side). Place goat’s cheese on each slice and grill until golden and melted (1-2 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, whisk mustard, vinegar and remaining oil in a small bowl, season to taste. Toss through salad, scatter over nasturtiums and violas, serve with goat’s cheese toast.
Nasturtiums and violas are available from select greengrocers and farmers’ markets. If unavailable, substitute baby herbs or other edible flowers. You can use any aged goat’s cheese firm enough to slice, such as Le Chevrot.
This recipe is from the December 2009 issue of
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am