- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp rosemary, plus extra to serve
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 thick lamb cutlets (about 100gm each)
Peach and herb salad
- 3 white peaches, cut into quarters
- 2 baby cos, leaves separated, coarsely torn (outer leaves discarded)
- 2 cups mixed green leaves
- ¼ cup fennel fronds or dill sprigs (loosely packed)
- ¼ cup borage flowers (optional; see note) (loosely packed)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 ml aged balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Dry-roast fennel seeds (30 seconds), transfer to a mortar and pestle and coarsely crush, then add rosemary and coarsely crush. Transfer to a large bowl with oil and vinegar, season to taste, add lamb cutlets and toss to coat, then set aside to marinate (10 minutes).
- 2Heat a large char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill lamb cutlets, turning once, until charred and cooked through (8-10 minutes). Set aside to rest (5 minutes). Just before serving, scatter with extra rosemary.
- 3Meanwhile, for peach and herb salad, combine peach, lettuce and salad greens, herbs and borage flowers in a large bowl. Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl to combine, season to taste, drizzle over salad, toss to combine and serve with lamb.
Note Borage flowers are available from select greengrocers and farmers' markets. If they're unavailable, substitute baby herbs.