- 1 tbsp each (firmly packed) thyme and oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 70 ml olive oil
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 8 pork cutlets (200gm each)
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1½ baby fennel bulbs, thinly shaved on a mandolin, fronds reserved
- 3/4 cup each (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley and mint
- 30 gm pecorino, finely grated
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Pound herbs, garlic and ½ tsp sea salt to a paste with a mortar and pestle, then stir in oil and half the lemon juice. Rub half the paste over pork (reserve remainder) and stand at room temperature to marinate (10 minutes).
- 2Place zucchini and fennel in a bowl of iced water and stand to crisp (5 minutes). Drain well and combine in a dry bowl with parsley, mint, pecorino and fennel fronds, and refrigerate until required. Combine olive oil, remaining lemon juice and garlic in a jar and season to taste, shake to mix, drizzle dressing over zucchini mixture and toss lightly to combine.
- 3Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add pork cutlets and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and just cooked through (6-8 minutes). Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then serve drizzled with reserved herb mixture and zucchini, fennel and mint salad.