- 8 thick pork and fennel sausages
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup oregano (firmly packed)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
Fennel, radicchio and roasted capsicum salad
- 2 capsicum, quartered, seeds and membrane removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandoline, fronds reserved
- 1 small head radicchio, leaves torn
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced into rounds on a mandoline
- 80 gm small black olives, such as Ligurian (½ cup)
- ½ cup oregano (firmly packed)
- 1For fennel, radicchio and roasted capsicum salad, preheat oven grill to high, place capsicum skin-side up in a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and grill until skin is blackened (8-10 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and stand to soften (5 minutes). Peel, tear into large pieces, and combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle sausages with 1 tbsp olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through (5-7 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, to make a salsa,process remaining ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped, then season to taste.
- 4Toss salad with half the salsa, season to taste and top with fennel fronds. Serve with sausages and remaining salsa.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am