This dish is super quick and super tasty; don’t be shy with the butter.
- 1 beef rib-eye (about 450gm)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- mixed leaf salad, To serve
Anchovy and caper butter
- 80 gm softened butter
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp baby capers in salt, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup each flat-leaf parsley and chives, finely chopped (firmly packed)
- 2 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped (loosely packed)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat, rub rib-eye with oil and thyme, season to taste, then grill, turning once, until sealed (2-3 minutes each side). Place on an oven tray, roast until cooked to your liking (5-7 minutes for rare), cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest (5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for anchovy and caper butter, beat ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined, slather over rib-eye and serve with mixed leaf salad.
This recipe is from the March 2011 issue of .