- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 200 gm stale white sourdough, cut into rough cubes
- 2½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 skirt or flank steak (800gm), trimmed, room temperature
- 2-3 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated
- Chopped dill, to serve
Parmesan and lemon dressing
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 80 gm finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Juice of ½ lemon or to taste
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add eggs and cook until soft boiled (6½ minutes) or cook to your liking. Peel and cut into quarters.
- 2For dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and blend to combine; season to taste. Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C. Place bread in a roasting pan with oil; season and toss to combine. Roast until golden and crisp (12-15 minutes). Set aside until ready to use.
- 4Preheat a lightly greased barbecue or chargrill pan over high heat. Place steak on a tray, drizzle with extra oil, season liberally with freshly cracked black pepper and salt. Barbecue steak, turning once, until browned and cooked to your liking (5 minutes each side for medium-rare). Set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Slice when ready to serve.
- 5Arrange lettuce on a platter with eggs and croutons; drizzle over dressing. Top with sliced steak and scatter over dill.