Serve this dish with a side of steamed rice, or charred flatbread or tortillas.
- 1 large pork loin fillet (500gm), sinew removed, quartered, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 12 spring onions, trimmed
Jalapeño and lime salsa
- 2 pickled jalapeños, finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp pickling liquid
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1Heat a char-grill pan over medium heat, brush pork with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and almost cooked through, brushing with honey for 2 minutes at the end of cooking to glaze pork (15-18 minutes). Rest for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, grill spring onions, turning occasionally, until charred (8-10 minutes).
- 3For jalapeño and lime salsa, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and serve spooned over pork and charred spring onions.
Agave syrup is available from select delicatessens and health-food shops.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am