- 2 tsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 veal cutlets (about 250gm each)
- 4 thin prosciutto slices
- 6 ripe peaches or nectarines, quartered
- 1 buffalo mozzarella (about 200gm), coarsely torn
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- To serve: coarsely torn basil and mint
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine olive oil, thyme and garlic in a bowl with some salt. Brush each cutlet with mixture and wrap with a slice of prosciutto.
- 2Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add cutlets and cook, turning once, until browned (1-2 minutes each side), then transfer to an oven tray and roast until cooked
to your liking (4-5 minutes for medium-rare). Rest for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine peaches, mozzarella and shallot in a bowl, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice, season to taste and toss to combine. Scatter with herbs and serve with veal cutlets.