- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- ½ tsp each of coriander seeds and cumin seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved lengthways
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup loosely packed baby coriander leaves
- 300 gm Gruyère, thinly sliced
- 1Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add spices and curry leaves and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Cool, then add ginger, garlic and lime juice.
- 2In a large bowl, combine a little spice oil, carrot, chilli and coriander, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide among plates with Gruyère, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: An aromatic gewürztraminer.