Barbecued haloumi served with a squeeze of lemon is a classic, but it goes up a level served with grilled radish and a salad of crunchy apple and pomegranate.
- 16 small radishes
- 500 gm haloumi, thickly sliced
- 100 gm butter, chopped
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 1/2 pink lady apple, thinly sliced
- Coarsely chopped mint, to serve
- 1Preheat a barbecue to high. Thread radishes onto skewers, alternating with haloumi. Brush with oil, season with salt to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and radishes are almost tender (4-5 minutes). Slide radishes and haloumi from skewers onto a serving plate.
- 2Combine butter and vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and emulsified. Season to taste, then pour over radishes and haloumi. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and toss with remaining ingredients to serve.