- 1 (24cm-square) sheet of butter puff pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 gm leg ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped chives
- 30 gm coarsely grated Gruyère (¼ cup)
- 12 vine-ripened cherry truss tomatoes (500gm)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly grease a 20cm-diameter fluted loose-bottomed tart pan and line with puff pasty, tucking corners in towards centre of pan. Prick base with a fork and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- 2Meanwhile, heat half the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add ham and leek and cook for 5 minutes or until leek is soft and ham starts to colour. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and chives, season to taste, add ham mixture and stir to combine. Pour into prepared tin, scatter with Gruyère and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. If crust browns too quickly, cover with foil.
- 3Place tomatoes on an oven tray, drizzle with remaining olive oil and season to taste. Roast with quiche in last 5 minutes of cooking or until tomatoes are tender and skins start to split. Serve quiche with roasted cherry tomatoes and rocket salad.