- 8 mackerel fillets (about 140gm each), bones removed
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 180 ml olive oil
- 450 gm chat potatoes
- 3 zucchini, cut into ribbons on a mandolin
- ¼ cup mint (loosely packed)
- 1Place mackerel in a non-reactive container. Whisk harissa and 120ml oil in a small bowl, pour three-quarters of mixture over mackerel, turn to coat evenly, set aside.
- 2Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender (10-15 minutes), drain, coarsely crush. Heat 30ml oil in a frying pan over high heat, add potato and cook, turning once, until golden and crisp (3-4 minutes), season to taste.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook zucchini in batches, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes), add to potatoes with lemon juice and mint, season to taste, toss to combine.
- 4Heat a frying pan over high heat, add mackerel skin-side down and cook, turning once, until golden and just cooked through (2-4 minutes each side). Drizzle with remaining harissa mixture and serve with potatoes, zucchini and mint, with yoghurt and lemon wedges to the side.
This recipe is from the June 2011 issue of .