This simple dessert can be eaten warm, cold or at room temperature, and you could do far worse than serve the leftovers for breakfast.
- 200 gm honey
- Thinly peeled rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cinnamon quills
- Pinch of saffron threads soaked in 1 tbsp warm water
- 4 beurre Bosc pears, quartered and cored
- Coarsely chopped roasted walnuts, to serve
- 300 gm Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Add honey, lemon rind and juice, cinnamon, saffron water and pears to a roasting pan large enough to fit pears snugly in a single layer and toss to coat. Roast, basting occasionally, until pears are softened and golden (20-22 minutes).
- 2For spiced yoghurt, add yoghurt to a bowl and combine with cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- 3Serve pears with spiced yoghurt, scattered with walnuts and drizzled with pan juices.