Use your favourite cheese for this dish, be it a classic Camembert or creamy brie. Just make sure it's excellent quality - it makes all the difference.
- 8 thick sourdough slices
- For drizzling: olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 individual triple cream cheese, such as Saint André
- 50 gm honey
- 30 gm walnut pieces
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place bread slices on an oven tray, drizzle both sides with a little oil and season to taste, then bake until toasted and golden (5-6 minutes). Rub with the cut side of garlic and keep warm.
- 2Place cheese in a small ovenproof dish, drizzle with honey, scatter with walnuts and thyme, season with freshly ground black pepper and bake until golden and bubbling (8-10 minutes). Serve hot with crostini.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm