One of Fuchsia Dunlop’s recipes inspired this dish.
- 1 litre chicken stock (4 cups)
- 375 gm medium-sized dried rice noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 gm coarsely minced pork
- 10 gm ginger, shredded (2cm piece)
- 225 gm drained canned bamboo, cut into matchsticks
- 60 ml light soy sauce, plus extra to serve (¼ cup)
- 60 ml Shaoxing wine (¼ cup)
- 1Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook noodles in a separate saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender (2-4 minutes), drain and keep warm.
- 2Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add pork and ginger in batches and stir-fry until starting to brown (1-2 minutes). Return all pork to pan, add bamboo, soy sauce, Shaoxing and peppercorns and stir until sauce is reduced by half (1-2 minutes).
- 3Divide stock and noodles among bowls, top with pork mixture, coriander and spring onion, drizzle with roasted chilli oil, black vinegar and extra soy sauce and serve.
This recipe is from the January 2013 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.