- 1 kg boneless lamb leg, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100 gm natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Melted ghee, for brushing
- Small green chillies, to serve
- Diced red onion tossed in lime juice, to serve
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
- 250 gm natural yoghurt
- ⅓ cup (loosely packed) mint, plus extra coarsely chopped to serve
- 1Preheat a barbecue (preferably charcoal) to high. Combine lamb, yoghurt, tomato paste, spices and garlic in a bowl and season well to taste. Thread lamb onto 14 skewers, and grill, turning and brushing with ghee occasionally, until charred and cooked through (6-8 minutes).
- 2For mint yoghurt, blend ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 3Season lamb skewers with salt to taste and serve with chillies, red onion, lime wedges and mint yoghurt topped with chopped mint.