- 400 gm sushi rice (see note) (2 cups)
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 gm sashimi tuna, diced
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- To serve: seaweed salad (see note), pickled ginger, bonito flakes, salmon roe, and soy sauce
- 1Rinse rice under cold running water, drain and place in a large saucepan, cover with 3 cups of cold water and bring to the boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 12-14 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered, for 5-10 minutes.
- 2Spoon rice into bowls, make a hollow in the centre of each and place an egg yolk in it. Place remaining ingredients in piles around the egg yolk and serve immediately, with soy sauce passed separately.
Note Sushi rice is available from supermarkets. Seaweed salad is available from Japanese grocery stores and selected fishmongers.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm