- 1 kg piece pork shoulder, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 6 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 habanero chillies, seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne and cinnamon
Pineapple and jicama chopped salad
- 1 jicama (about 300gm), cut into julienne
- ½ pineapple, cut into thin wedges
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp dried chilli flakes, or to taste
- 1Preheat barbecue or char-grill pan to high heat. For jerk marinade, combine ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 2Transfer jerk marinade to a large bowl, season to taste, add pork and rub with marinade. Thread meat onto wooden skewers and grill, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through (5-6 minutes).
- 3For pineapple and jicama chopped salad, combine ingredients in a bowl and season generously to taste. Serve with pork skewers and lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am