- 4 pork cutlets (about 160gm each)
- 3 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 10 gm ginger, coarsely chopped (2cm piece)
- 1 small habanero chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Juice of 2 limes, plus halves to serve
- Juice of 1½ oranges
Corn, black beans and avocado
- 3 corn cobs
- 880 gm canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1Place pork in a non-reactive container and set aside. Process spring onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and thyme in a small food processor to combine. Add oil, spices and half of each of the juices, season to taste and process to combine. Pour mixture over pork and set aside to marinate (15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for corn, black beans and avocado, cook corn in a saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat until tender (6-7 minutes), drain, then, when cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add beans, avocado, oil, lime juice and garlic, season to taste and toss to combine. Refrigerate until required. Just before serving, add coriander and spring onion and toss to combine.
- 3Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain pork from marinade, drizzle with a little oil and cook, turning and basting occasionally with marinade, until just cooked through (5-6 minutes). Remove from heat, deglaze pan with remaining juice, set aside to rest (5 minutes), then serve with corn, black beans and avocado, and lime halves.