This dish makes an excellent snack on a summer's day. If you don't feel like frying tortillas, serve the ceviche and avocado separately with corn chips.
- 400 gm sashimi-grade kingfish, cut across the grain into 5mm slices
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 6-8 small tortillas
- 1 large avocado, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm sour cream
- 2 radishes, cut into julienne
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander
- 1Combine kingfish, onion, jalapeño, orange juice, olive oil and half the lime juice in a bowl, season to taste and refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil (about 2cm deep) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas one at a time, turning once, until golden and crisp (1-2 minutes each side; be careful, hot oil will spit). Transfer to a tray lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Season to taste with sea salt.
- 3Process avocado, sour cream and remaining lime juice in a blender or food processor until smooth and season to taste. Spread tostadas with avocado cream, top with ceviche, radish and coriander, season to taste and serve.