This dish makes an excellent snack on a summer's day. If you don't feel like frying tortillas, serve the ceviche and avocado separately with corn chips.
- 400 gm sashimi-grade kingfish, cut across the grain into 5mm slices
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 small tortillas
- 1 large avocado, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm sour cream
- 2 radishes, cut into julienne
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander
- 1Combine kingfish, onion, jalapeño, orange juice, olive oil and half the lime juice in a bowl, season to taste and refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil (about 2cm deep) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas one at a time, turning once, until golden and crisp (1-2 minutes each side; be careful, hot oil will spit). Transfer to a tray lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Season to taste with sea salt.
- 3Process avocado, sour cream and remaining lime juice in a blender or food processor until smooth and season to taste. Spread tostadas with avocado cream, top with ceviche, radish and coriander, season to taste and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am