- 400 gm dried ricciutelli or other short, wide dried pasta
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 90 gm coarse sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200 gm mixed small tomatoes
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1½ lemons
- 250 gm skinless kingfish fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped rocket
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (7-8 minutes), drain and return pasta and 40ml pasta water to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 50ml oil in a frying pan, add breadcrumbs, stir occasionally until golden (3-4 minutes), season to taste and set aside.
- 3Stir fennel, onion, chilli, garlic and remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat until tender (4-5 minutes). Add tomato, cook until tender (1-2 minutes), add lemon rind and juice, season to taste. Add to pasta with kingfish, rocket and reserved fronds, toss to combine, scatter with breadcrumbs and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm