This quick Eton mess-style dessert riffs on the classic meringue and berry combination, using kiwis instead.
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 store-bought meringues (about 10gm-15gm each), broken up
- Vanilla bean ice-cream, to serve
Ginger and lime syrup
- 125 gm caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 1For ginger and lime syrup, bring sugar, ginger and 125ml water to the boil in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar, and boil until syrupy (8-10 minutes), then transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice and rind, and refrigerate to chill (10 minutes). Just before serving, add kiwifruit and stir to coat.
- 2Divide meringue among bowls, top with kiwifruit and scoops of ice-cream, drizzle with syrup and serve.