- To serve: steamed rice, daikon kimchi (see note), thinly sliced spring onions and sesame seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 gm ginger, finely grated
- 1 nashi pear
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tbsp doenjang (see note)
- 2 tbsp gochujang (see note)
- 40 gm onion (about 1/3 small), finely grated
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 gm ginger, finely grated
- 1 small red chilli (optional), finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1For marinated chicken, process ingredients, except chicken, in a blender to combine, then season to taste and transfer to a bowl. Add chicken, stir to coat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, for ssämjang, combine ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
- 3Drain chicken from marinade and char-grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through and charred (8-12 minutes). Serve on steamed rice with kimchi, scattered with spring onions and sesame seeds and with ssämjang to the side.