- 2 eight-cutlet lamb racks, cut into double cutlets
- ½ tsp dried Greek oregano (see note)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggplant (about 630gm)
- 1 tsp unhulled tahini past
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 75 ml olive oil
Parsley and lemon salad
- 1½ cups (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 100 gm Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 2 lemons, segmented, juice reserved
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced, rinsed
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Combine lamb, oregano, olive oil, garlic and lemon rind in a large bowl and set aside to marinate.
- 2For eggplant purée, char-grill eggplant over an open flame on your stovetop, turning occasionally (10-15 minutes; see note). Halve eggplant, drain in a colander, scoop out flesh with a spoon (discard skin), pound in a mortar and pestle with remaining ingredients (except oil), season to taste and gradually add oil until combined.
- 3Heat a char-grill pan over high heat, add lamb and turn occasionally until seared (2-3 minutes), then transfer to oven and cook until cooked to your liking (5-7 minutes for medium-rare). Cover with foil and rest (5 minutes).
- 4For parsley and lemon salad, toss ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and serve with lamb and eggplant purée, scattered with sesame seeds.
Note If you don't have a gas stovetop, roast the eggplant in the oven at 220C, turning occasionally, until skin softens (20 minutes).