- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 12 lamb cutlets, Frenched
Spiced carrot and hazelnut salad
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 70 gm hazelnuts, roasted and coarsely chopped (½ cup)
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, large leaves coarsely torn
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, coriander and fennel
- 1Combine olive oil, garlic and spices in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, add cutlets and turn to coat.
- 2Meanwhile, for carrot and hazelnut salad, combine carrot, onion, hazelnuts and mint. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and season to taste, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- 3Heat a large frying pan over high heat and cook cutlets in two batches for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Serve immediately with carrot salad.