- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- Juice and finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 600 gm lamb backstrap
Pea, zucchini and olive salad
- 200 gm frozen peas
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 80 gm black olives
- 100 gm feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Toss oil, thyme, juice, rind, garlic and lamb in a bowl, season to taste and stand to marinate.
- 2Meanwhile, for pea, zucchini and olive salad, blanch peas until bright green and tender (1-2 minutes). Drain and refresh, then place in a bowl with zucchini, olives, feta, herbs and spring onion. Shake remaining ingredients in a jar to combine and season to taste. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- 3Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to high. Drain lamb from marinade and grill until browned and cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes for medium-rare). Rest for a couple of minutes, then thinly slice, add to salad, toss to combine and serve.