- 30 gm butter, diced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, plus 8 extra sprigs
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 375 gm sheet of butter puff pastry
- For eggwash: lightly beaten egg
- 50 gm goat’s curd, plus extra to serve
- 2 small rounds goat’s Camembert (about 170gm each), halved horizontally
- For drizzling: olive oil
- To serve: soft herb salad (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add leek, garlic, thyme leaves and rind, and sauté until tender (3-4 minutes). Season to taste and set aside.
- 2Cut four 12cm-diameter rounds from pastry, place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and score a 1cm border on each, then brush edges with eggwash. Spread goat’s curd over pastry within the border, then scatter leek mixture over and place a Camembert half on each, rind-side down. Season to taste, scatter with thyme sprigs, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake until crisp and golden (10-15 minutes). Serve warm with a herb salad.