- 300 gm cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 200 gm chorizo, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, separated
- 2 leeks, cut into 3cm rounds
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 80 ml olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs (about 160gm each), skin scored
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Combine cauliflower,chorizo, garlic, leeks, lemon and oregano in a large bowl, drizzle with half the olive oil, season to taste and toss to combine. Transfer to a large baking tray and roast, turning occasionally, until starting to colour (10-15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add 4 chicken thighs, skin-side down, and fry, turning once, until browned all over (2-3 minutes each side). Remove from heat, wipe pan and repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Place thighs on cauliflower mixture and roast until cooked through (10-12 minutes). Scatter with extra herbs and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsThe Melbourne bakery that pipes fresh cannoli to orderYesterday 4:00am