- 100 gm butter, diced
- 2 large leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 400 gm linguine
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- ½ bunch rainbow chard, stalks thinly sliced, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 300 gm soft goat's cheese
- 1Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp (10 minutes). Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Reserve butter in pan.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until almost tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- 3Add olive oil and remaining butter to frying pan and cook remaining leek with chard stems and zucchini until tender and butter is nut brown (5 minutes).
- 4Return pasta to saucepan over medium heat. Add cooked vegetables, chard leaves and reserved cooking water and season to taste. Cook, tossing, until chard leaves are just wilted.
- 5Divide pasta among bowls, top with goat's cheese and caramelised leek. Drizzle with extra oil to serve.