Pesto is quick to make and the flavour and colour of bright fresh basil is amazing. It's best tossed with the pasta straight from the blender to retain its colour.
- 500 gm dried linguine
- 5 cups (loosely packed) basil (about 2 bunches), plus extra to serve
- 250 ml olive oil (1 cup)
- 120 gm pine nuts
- 80 gm parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water (7-9 minutes). Drain, reserving 125ml pasta water, and return both pasta and water to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, for pesto, process ingredients except lemon juice in a blender until smooth, then season to taste with lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Add to pasta, toss to combine and serve with torn basil and extra parmesan.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm