Pesto is quick to make and the flavour and colour of bright fresh basil is amazing. It's best tossed with the pasta straight from the blender to retain its colour.
- 500 gm dried linguine
- 5 cups (loosely packed) basil (about 2 bunches), plus extra to serve
- 250 ml olive oil (1 cup)
- 120 gm pine nuts
- 80 gm parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water (7-9 minutes). Drain, reserving 125ml pasta water, and return both pasta and water to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, for pesto, process ingredients except lemon juice in a blender until smooth, then season to taste with lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Add to pasta, toss to combine and serve with torn basil and extra parmesan.