A large handful of cooked crabmeat would make a luxe alternative to the prawns; just add it in step two.
- 1 tbsp each lemon juice and red wine vinegar
- 12 medium uncooked prawns, peeled, cleaned, coarsely chopped
- 400 gm dried linguine or spaghettini
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 300 gm mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1¼ cups coarsely chopped rocket
- To serve: lemon wedges (optional)
- 1Combine lemon juice, vinegar and prawns in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, then stand until prawns change colour (6-8 minutes; the prawns will "cook" in the acid).
- 2Meanwhile, boil pasta in a large saucepan of well-salted water until al dente (8-10 minutes), then drain, reserving 50ml cooking water, and return both to pan. Add prawns with the liquid and remaining ingredients, toss to combine and serve hot or at room temperature with lemon wedges on the side.