- 24 prepared 7cm tart cases
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup crème fraîche or pouring cream
- 12 anchovy fillets, halved widthways
- 3 inner stalks of celery, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp torn flat-leaf parsley leaves or chervil
- 1Place egg, yolk and crème fraîche in a small bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk to combine, then pour filling into tart shells. Top each with an anchovy half, then bake at 180C for 8-10 minutes or until just set. Cool.
- 2For celery salad, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, season to taste, then cover and refrigerate until needed. Just before serving, top tarts with small spoonfuls of salad.