- 300 gm rockmelon, cut into thin wedges
- 300 gm honeydew melon, cut into thin wedges
- 300 gm seedless watermelon, cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) mint
- To serve: vanilla or natural frozen yoghurt, and lime wedges
- 220 gm (1 cup) caster sugar
- 50 ml lime juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1For lime-vanilla caramel, stir sugar and 60ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, brush down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush then cook, swirling pan occasionally once mixture starts to caramelise, until dark caramel (4-5 minutes). Remove from heat, place saucepan in sink and carefully add 70ml cold water (caramel will spit, so stand back). Swirl to combine, then add lime juice and vanilla, and swirl again. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and refrigerate to cool.
- 2Combine melon in serving bowls, scatter with mint, drizzle with a little lime-vanilla caramel, top with scoops of frozen yoghurt, drizzle with more lime-vanilla caramel and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am