- 2½ cups fish stock
- 500 gm blue-eye trevalla, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 500 gm ocean trout, skinned, pin-boned and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 750 gm green prawns, peeled and cleaned, leaving tails intact
- 600 gm squid, cleaned, tentacles reserved, and cut into 1cm-wide rings
- ¼ cup lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut on the diagonal
- 1 Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large mangoes (about 1kg), peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp torn oregano leaves
- To serve: olive oil
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes (500gm)
- 2 small fresh birdseye chillies
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1Bring fish stock to a simmer in a large, deep frying pan, add blue-eye trevalla and ocean trout and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or until just tender, then, using a slotted spoon, transfer fish to a large bowl. Repeat process, cooking prawns separately for 2 minutes, followed by squid and reserved tentacles for 1 minute, then add prawns and squid to fish in bowl. Discard all but ¼ cup fish stock. Add lime juice to cooked seafood in bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then toss gently to combine.
- 2For sauce, place tomatoes, chillies and garlic in a heavy-based frying pan and cook over low-medium heat, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until skins blister and blacken. Cool slightly, then peel skins from tomatoes, chillies and garlic. Cut tomatoes in quarters and chillies in half, remove seeds, then process vegetables, cumin, reserved fish stock and sea salt to taste in a food processor until smooth.
- 3Place combined remaining ingredients on a large platter, top with seafood, then drizzle sauce over seafood. Serve drizzled with olive oil and with lime wedges, if using.