- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 mini lamb roasts (about 350gm each), at room temperature
- 200 gm fine burghul
- 3 carrots, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ cup each coarsely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
Green tahini sauce
- 150 gm hulled tahini
- ¼ cup each (firmly packed) mint, coriander and flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over high heat, add lamb and brown well all over. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast until cooked to your liking (15-20 minutes for medium-rare). Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, cover burghul in a bowl with boiling water, stand to soften (6-8 minutes), then drain well through a fine sieve and transfer to a clean bowl.
- 3Wipe out pan with paper towels, return to heat and add remaining oil, and carrot, onion and garlic and fry until just tender (3-4 minutes). Add to burghul along lemon juice, season generously, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to taste and toss to combine.
- 4For green tahini sauce, process tahini, herbs, lemon juice and garlic in a small food processor until smooth, add 150ml water, season to taste and process to combine.
- 5Thickly slice lamb, serve with burghul salad and green tahini sauce and scatter with herbs.