- 160 gm somen noodles (see note)
- 1 litre (4 cups) dashi stock (see note)
- 100 gm miso paste (see note)
- 100 gm shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 300 gm silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 40 gm enoki mushrooms
- 40 gm black fungus
- To serve: thinly sliced spring onion, shredded nori, roasted sesame seeds and togarashi (see note)
- 1Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender (1-2 minutes), drain and set aside.
- 2Whisk dashi stock and miso paste in a saucepan over medium-high heat to combine, bring to the simmer, add shiitake and cook for 1 minute. Add tofu, enoki and black fungus, then stir in noodles. Divide among warm bowls, scatter with spring onion, nori and roasted sesame seeds, season with togarashi and serve hot.
Note Somen noodles, miso paste and togarashi are available from select health-food shops and Japanese grocers. You can make dashi stock from scratch, but instant dashi powder will do fine when you're in a hurry: make it according to packet instructions. It's available from Japanese grocers.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am