- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 gm butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200 gm mixed mushrooms, (such as Swiss brown, chestnut, pine and button), large ones thickly sliced
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 100 gm fontina, coarsely chopped
- To serve: baby green leaf salad
- 1Heat olive oil and butter in a 24cm-diameter ovenproof frying pan, add garlic and sauté until starting to colour (1 minute). Add mushrooms and stir to coat then add wine and cook until evaporated (5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a grill to high. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and thyme and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over mushroom mixture and cook, stirring to evenly disperse mushrooms and bring egg mixture into the centre. Cook until almost set (6-8 minutes), scatter with fontina and place under grill until cheese melts and frittata is completely set (2 minutes). Cut into wedges and serve with a baby green leaf salad.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm