- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 kg black mussels, scrubbed
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- To serve: crusty baguette
Cucumber and mint salad
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cos lettuce, leaves separated and coarsely torn
- 1 cup (loosely packed) each mint and flat-leaf parsley
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion, capsicum and garlic and stir occasionally until tender (5 minutes). Add tomato and cook until tender (4-5 minutes). Add mussels and wine, cover and shake pan occasionally until mussels open (5-6 minutes). Stir in vinegar, lemon rind and parsley. Keep warm.
- 2For cucumber and mint salad, combine cucumber, lettuce, mint and parsley in a bowl. Whisk garlic, mustard and lemon juice in a bowl, add oil, season to taste, drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Serve with mussels and baguette.
This recipe is from the December 2012 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am