- 270 gm self-raising flour
- 2 tsp each finely chopped rosemary and thyme
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 small Desiree potatoes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 100 gm Fontina, thickly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 220C and place a baking tray on the top rack of the oven to heat while you make the dough. Process flour, half the rosemary, half the thyme and 1 tsp sea salt in a food processor to combine, add 1½ tbsp oil and 160ml water and process to a soft dough, adding a little extra water if necessary. Turn onto a lightly floured large piece of baking paper and roll out to a rough 15cm x 25cm oval.
- 2Combine remaining oil, rosemary and thyme in a small bowl, add garlic and rind, season to taste. Brush over dough, then layer potato on top, overlapping slices slightly. Scatter with Fontina, drizzle with a little extra oil mixture and season to taste. Carefully slide onto heated baking tray and bake until golden brown and bubbling (10-15 minutes). Serve hot drizzled with remaining herb oil.