- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chervil sprigs
- ½ cup basil, torn
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 175 gm smoked ocean trout, flaked into bite-size pieces
- To serve: crème fraîche and salmon roe
- 1Place eggs and milk in a bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk to combine. Place herbs in a bowl and gently combine.
- 2Heat ½ tsp olive oil in a 10cm x 15cm square frying pan or small frying pan over low heat, add ½ cup egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes or until omelette just sets on top. Remove omelette and repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture.
- 3Divide flaked ocean trout and herbs among omelettes, then fold in half to enclose filling.Serve immediately, topped with spoonfuls of crème fraîche and scattered with salmon roe.