- 14 free-range eggs
- For pan: soft butter
- 35 gm sesame seeds, toasted (¼ cup)
- 1 bunch sorrel, trimmed (40gm)
- 200 gm crème fraîche
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 27 cooked small king prawns, peeled, cleaned and halved widthways (600gm)
- 1Place eggs and ½ cup water in a bowl, season to taste, then whisk until combined.
- 2Butter a 26cm x 32cm Swiss roll pan and line the base with baking paper. Pour in egg mixture, sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook at 190C for 10-12 minutes or until mixture is just set. Run a small knife around inner edge of pan, then turn out onto a chopping board, peel away paper and cool.
- 3Meanwhile, place sorrel in a small bowl, pour boiling water over, drain, then refresh in iced water and drain again. Squeeze excess water from sorrel, finely chop, then place in a bowl. Add crème fraîche and chives, season to taste and whisk until thick.
- 4Trim edges of omelette straight and cut in half lengthways. Cut each half into9 rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half horizontally, not cutting all the way through, then spread with a little sorrel cream and top with prawns. Serve immediately. Sandwiches can be refrigerated for up to 8 hours.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am