- 2 each yellow and red capsicum, seeds removed, thickly sliced
- 80 gm pitted Kalamata olives, crushed
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) marjoram leaves
- 25 gm small capers in salt, rinsed, drained
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 400 gm dried paccheri (see note)
- To serve: shaved parmesan
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Combine capsicum, olives, olive oil, garlic, marjoram, capers and vinegar in a roasting pan, toss to combine and season to taste. Roast, stirring occasionally, until capsicum is tender and starts to caramelise (20-25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente (10-12 minutes), drain and toss through capsicum mixture. Serve immediately with parmesan.
Paccheri is a large tube-shaped pasta available from select delicatessens. You can substitute another large tubular pasta.